Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Now this takes integrity and guts - a lefty bails out of the AGW movement

From WUWT:
Physicist Dr. Denis Rancourt, a former professor and environmental science researcher at the University of Ottawa, has officially bailed out of the man-made global warming movement, calling it a ‘corrupt social phenomenon’.
And so how did his former friends and colleagues react?

Rancourt's dissent on man-made climate fears has not set well with many of his fellow green friends. “When I tell environmental activists that global warming is not something to be concerned about, they attack me -- they shun me, they do not allow me to have my materials published in their magazines,”...
And in a related link:

SHOCK: UK Green Guru James Lovelock Reconsiders Warming Views?!: Lovelock: Man-made Carbon Emissions 'Have Saved Us from A New Ice Age' (March 2010)
UpdateA commenter at WUWT notes:

Denis Rancourt’s first and most comprehensive essay on Global Warming came out in 2007, shocking many leftists. ... Full article is here ...

2 comments:

Hoarfrost said...

I am not sure that I trust this man Rancourt. He might be right about his environmental field of expertise but he spreads the blame in knee jerk leftist directions.

He seems like the usual conspiracy theorist that sees conivers and/or profiteers around every corner.

I would like to see him commiserate with a community of other skeptics before I would give him serious deference.

That may have already happened but I do not know it by any solid direct reference.

JR said...

I don't know either, Hoarfrost. But apparently he's held his heretical views on AGW since at least 2007 (see post update).